Friday, January 15, 2010

Barb Van Schoyck Call

Barb just called via Voila cell phone. They are still in Port. They have buried Jocelyn and Romon there as the bodies were deteriorating too quickly. This is an extra sorrow for the families here as they don't have the closure of a funeral. I think I will suggest that when things calm down a bit and all is known, that there be memorial services held for those who had to be buried in Port.

They are still looking for Fabnot.

A returning survivor said he had word from the young man who first called Zach Tuesday evening with the news of the house collapsing. Tonpi reportedly said that when the quake hit, he left his laptop and ran out. Fabnot turned back to grab his laptop. Please keep praying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Connie, Gabi We so appreciate you doing the blog. I'm taking and sharing it with the ones at school. Oh I can't imagine what ALL of you are going thru. I only know that the Lord will be with all thru this overwhelming loss. All we talk with we are asking prayer. I sent a little note home with my students also asking for prayer. CNN is really doing a great job trying to keep the US informed. I can only say YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS EVERY WAKING MOMENT. Jerry is trying so hard to get down there. His heart is there. I know he is needed there more. Pray the doors open and he can get to Haiti. Deb